There’s hardly anyone in this world who does not like eating pancakes, and weekend mornings are just perfect for them. However, getting them ready is a somewhat tricky part that not so many are fond of. And the pressure is even greater if you’re trying to make a batch for a crowd, as that’s exactly when you need them perfect, right? Don’t worry – we are here to tell you what’s the key to the best pancakes you’ve ever had, so read on.
First of all, you’ll need the following: two mixing bowls, pan or griddle, ladle, large spoon, spatula, measuring cup, and a whisk.
Once you’ve prepared these, follow these steps during preparation:
1. Mix dry ingredients – take your medium-sized mixing bowl and whisk together all the dry ingredients in it – flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
2. Mix wet ingredients – the next step is to mix milk, eggs, and oil (or melted butter) in a separate bowl and whisk the mixture until the egg is broken up.
3. Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients – then, stir these two mixtures together by adding wet ingredients to dry ones; while doing this, you might want to keep a few lumps and avoid overmixing so as not to make the batter tough.
4. Pre-heat the pan or skillet – before you start, make sure you pre-heat the pan or skillet on medium-high heat.
5. Add oil to the pan – add some vegetable oil before pouring the batter by using a paper towel.
6. Pour the batter into the pan – use a ladle or measuring cup to pour 1/3 to 1/2 cup of batter for each pancake; then spread it with a spoon.
7. Flip the pancakes when the bubbles burst – the important part of making pancakes is flipping, so be careful; place the spatula under the middle of the pancake and lift it quickly to flip it over.
We hope these tips will help you the next time you wish to make pancakes for a group of friends or your family. Bonne appetite!