Ahhhhh…big, sweet blueberry muffins just like grandma used to make! Who can resist them? Here’s a quick and easy old fashioned blueberry muffin recipe to bake with the kids, or for that perfect weekend morning treat.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter or melted shortening
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (or 3/4 cup frozen)
- Sugar for sprinkling
- Heat oven to 400 degrees for regular size muffins or to 350 degrees for giant muffins
- Grease bottoms only of muffin cups
- Combine first 4 ingredients
- Mix in remaining ingredients just until moistened. Battery will be lumpy. Do not over mix!
- Spoon into muffin cups filling regular size muffin cups 2/3 full and giant muffin cups over full.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake regular size muffins for 20-25 minutes or bake giant sized muffins for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
- Run knife around edge to loosen. Remove immediately. Serve warm.