My Gray Hair Transition is Complete, and I love it!

OK.  So here it is.  My gray hair transition is complete, and i love it!  All in all it wasn’t so bad.  I DID end up cutting it super short, which I hated more than words can describe, but it grew quickly.     It’ll take another year to get all the length back, and in the meantime I am still living with a less than ideal cut, but I’ll share photos from December so you can see the amazing colors.

I. LOVE.  It.     Love.   Not like.  Not tolerate.  LOVE.

943882_10207022650017884_4333011273220630946_n 12391912_10207022649857880_4140561996962561751_n

I love that I don’t live with a constant rash and scalp scabs from allergic reaction to hair dye.  I love the money I’ve saved.  I love how my natural color looks so much nicer with my skin tones.  I love everything about my silvers.  Everything.

So ladies, if you feel like it’s time to make the jump, I recommend you do!   Yes, the first 5 months are tough.  Not going to lie.  But the end result is worth it!

17 Replies to “My Gray Hair Transition is Complete, and I love it!”

Andrea

January 22, 2016 at 11:04 am

Gorgeous!

The50sHousewife

January 22, 2016 at 11:06 am

Thanks!

Alyssa

January 22, 2016 at 11:17 am

Beautiful!

The50sHousewife

January 22, 2016 at 11:21 am

Thanks darlin

Renee

January 22, 2016 at 12:23 pm

You look great. I let mine go natural 2 years ago, it’s so much easier and healthy. I am a natural redhead so my transition took me to a pale strawberry blonde. I was really hoping for white like my father but oh well. I just don’t like people calling me a blonde. I miss my colored red hair everyday. Have you updated your wardrobe colors? I have noticed many people do that when they go silver.

The50sHousewife

January 22, 2016 at 1:36 pm

I have! I can finally wear colors that I never could before, but I also can’t wear some of my old favorites, like browns. It makes my hair look ‘mousy’.

Amy waymon

January 22, 2016 at 12:31 pm

I love it!

Carolen

January 22, 2016 at 12:40 pm

This is what I want mine to look like! Wonderful!

melissaboyettbrinkley

January 22, 2016 at 1:13 pm

It is lovely! I started turning grey at 19 and I never thought of coloring it because I was so young and I really didn’t like the idea of being exposed to all those chemicals for long term. So, for the most part, I have been in some stage of grey since before I even got married. I have talked to beauticians about coloring it and they literally beg me not to — they say people pay good money for my hair (I don’t personally know any but….) so I say good work! It is lovely and I think you will be happier in the long run.

Ruby Feldman

January 22, 2016 at 1:25 pm

I have been gray and back several times…took me awhile to really love it, I do now, though I also every so often put a fun semi perm color like purple in it so my white streaks look lavender for a few months, but I do it once and let it fade, it’s fun and out of the box for me so a bit liberating too. Yours came in beautiful!!

Holly Simon

January 25, 2016 at 12:46 am

You are my hero. Been coloring or,highlighting for years. Realized….not,really in line,with who I am.,so no more,color. Hair is,brown naturally….I,just made it a better. Now…. An not wait to see every grey hair I earned. Thank you. Holly S

Alison

February 1, 2016 at 2:37 pm

It really suits some women and your one of them. At this point, my gray is more salt and pepper rather than the lovely silver like yours, so I think my love affair with L’Oreal will continue. 😊

Clarence

February 14, 2016 at 5:11 pm

Your hair is wonderfull! I have grey hair too, since five or six years, but I’m only 35 years old! So I coloring my hair. In ten or fifteen years I want to stop coloring. But by now my husband likes my coloring hair, he don’t want that I seem older than he (he is 40). I think that a woman in hers fiftys and older look more beautiful with her natural grey hair. My mother said the opposite. Perhaps a woman is more beautiful when she feel happy with her hair, grey or coloring.

Danielle Irby

February 26, 2016 at 3:31 pm

I started doing this a year ago too. My hair is naturally dark dark brown and the dy matched my natural color PERFECT. so as it has grown out the only thing you notice is the “chrome” lol silver hairl.. but mine is not solid. I was so afraid of the skunk look that I stopped dying all but the part.. (where I parted it) then when the rest grew out for a few months I simply moved the part over just enough so the already longer growing grays were now my new part. so I never had an actual skunk stripe. so the back I haven’t dyed in years the top and sides have been well over 6 months.for all of it. IM SO GLAD I DID

The50sHousewife

February 26, 2016 at 3:47 pm

That was a smart way to do it!

holly

September 19, 2016 at 12:00 pm

Love your hair!!! omg it looks fantastic. I’ve got a few silver sparkles on top of my head, but I just don’t know if I have enough gray to stop dyeing it. I’m going to wait a few months and see what happens. My hair is about shoulder length and I’m hoping not to cut it. I had a shorter cut a few years ago and my hubby was not a fan. Which I thought was kind of silly because I find so many women so cute with short styles. I think its his generation where they grew up in the 70’s and women having long hair.

The50sHousewife

September 25, 2016 at 11:19 am

Thank you! The longer it gets the more I like it too.