Are Women the Biggest Cause of Divorce?
Are women the biggest cause of divorce? Well that’s what Laura Doyle, international best-selling author or The Surrendered Wife, says in her new book. That’s right, ladies. Laura says that 95% of your happiness lies within you. You have the power to fix almost all of what woes you in your distressed marital union. She came to this conclusion after a failed attempt at marriage counseling to repair her own troubled marriage, and she details how she finally saved her happy home in her autobiography entitled First, Kill All the Marriage Counselors.
I recently had the opportunity to review this new book, and as you can imagine if you’ve read any of my blog posts in the past, I wholeheartedly agree with most of what Laura has to say.
When I first read The Surrendered Wife I recall thinking that it was a good start. For women who aren’t accustomed to thinking like a traditional wife, The Surrendered Wife was a good introduction on how to get your feet wet with submitting to your husband without feeling like you’ve completely thrown equality out the window. I liked it, and I recommended it on our Facebook page. Now Laura builds on that base with First, Kill All The Marriage Counselors.
Laura echoes my thoughts when she speaks of her three basic truths of any relationship. She says:
- “The happiness of your relationship is up to you! Women hold the keys to a happy relationship 95 percent of the time (and will learn what to do the other 5 percent).”
- “What men want most of all is to be treated with respect. Treat your man with respect (even if you aren’t feeling it), and he will treat you with love and care.”
- “Your man wants to know he has your trust. Give it to him, and he’ll realize you are special . . . because you will be!”
The second two points we have reviewed time and time again here at the Modern Day 50’s Housewife, and Laura does a wonderful job of reviewing and building upon those, but we haven’t talked too much here about that all-important first point she speaks of–self care. This topic is hot right now, and it’s about time! Being sure that momma is happy is key to a happy home.
Simply put, doing something to help yourself maintain your own identity keeps the woman alive who your husband first fell in love with. It also helps you remember that you are more than wife and mom, and that makes for a more fulfilling life, leading to a happier wife. What’s not to love?
Laura gives some great ideas on how to help get yourself there. And while I don’t always agree with some of her examples, the overall message is solid. Take care of you. It’s just like they say on every airline flight, apply oxygen to yourself first, and then assist your loved ones with getting theirs. But that’s not all.
Also in her new book, you’ll learn Laura’s “Six Intimacy Skills,” which have been used by over 50,000 women who have turned their previously unhappy marriages into blissful unions. Laura says, “Stop reading articles about how important it is to schedule date night and learn how to transform your relationship into one bursting with energy, intimacy, and love. First, Kill All the Marriage Counselors will put you on the path to having the marriage you want with the man you love.”
You don’t want to miss it. SO! How can you get your copy? Well… you could order it here. OR you could win one for free. How? It’s super simple. Go to our Facebook page, LIKE out page, then find this #GETCHERISHED picture, then all you need to do is to simply comment below it stating your favorite way to give yourself a little TLC. How do you do self care?
For me, it’s a quiet cup of tea. Or a trip to the bookstore. Or a bit of gardening. Or a long, hot shower. Or my absolute favorite–doing my art. Tell us how you do it. Then on Friday morning–January 22, 2016–we’ll pick a winner who will get one free copy of Fist, Kill All the Marriage Counselors sent right to their door, direct from Laura herself. Will it be you?