Let’s take a look at old-fashioned marriages

A new year is about to begin.  What’s your attitude about the future?  Well… here’s some vintage reminders about keeping your personality pleasant, your marriage roles compatible, and marital bliss in tact.   You may be surprised at what these vintage films have to say. Let’s take a look at old-fashioned marriages (and homes). Watch and let me know what you think!  (click the photos)

1950s-couple

marriage-advice-from-the-1950s

53f266f4845531bd42c3e89de0c851c7

6 Replies to “Let’s take a look at old-fashioned marriages”

Laura Fredlund

December 30, 2015 at 5:44 pm

Thank you for sharing these! I enjoyed watching them. I Especially likee the one about how to undress. I am ashamed to admit that I have been more like “Trixie” without even knowing it! How awful.

Caroline

December 30, 2015 at 9:00 pm

I loved these little movies… Still so relevant in 2015… I’d love to see more… Definitely lots of food for thought…

housewifexhouselife

December 31, 2015 at 10:08 am

These were great! I am way too much of a “trixie” when I get home from work. That needs to be addressed immediately.

Kathy Thurman

December 31, 2015 at 1:15 pm

Very interesting! The career couple was pretty progressive for the time. I was a career woman for many years (retired Navy and retired Daycare Center Director), and it worked for us, but was very stressful. I quit working in March of this year, and I don’t regret it for a minute! Our family stress level has dropped dramatically, and my husband and I feel more like partners. He likes having clean clothes and a tidy house and home cooked meals, and I like having my own time to do what needs to be done and what I like to do. Me being a homemaker is one of the best decisions we ever made!

Mera

October 31, 2017 at 10:48 am

the last one doesnt work anymore. sad, I was very curious

The50sHousewife

December 27, 2017 at 9:17 am

hmmmm…I’ll have to check that. Thank you for letting me know!